Filmmakers Insurance

Get a Quote

Cover that keeps the cameras rolling

Whether you run a well-established company looking for the next box office smash, or you’re a film maker trying to get a ‘no-budget’ short over the line, our team is here to help you find the right insurance for your project.

Why Choose Performance Filmmakers Insurance

Since we arrived on the scene in the ‘90s, Performance has built a reputation for supporting the independent film community. In the noughties we supported Film London, ensuring independent filmmakers got the right advice and cover that they needed. Then in 2018 we launched the annual Performance Short Film Competition, and to date, we’ve received submissions from hundreds of filmmakers and production companies.

As supporters of emerging independent film talent here in the UK, we’ve developed an offering to cater for the needs of film projects of varying sizes – from no-budget single day shoots to elaborate worldwide productions of 90 days or more.

What is Covered by a Filmmakers Insurance policy

We can build a unique package for you to ensure that your production can run smoothly. Our products include (but are not limited to):

Choose your cover:

Short Period

Not every production takes months to make – but even when projects are short-term, they still need protecting. That’s why we offer cover on terms of 90 days or less.

Whether you’re making a music video, commercial, feature film or kit test, we provide the behind-the-scenes support you’ll need if something goes wrong.

Get a quote and buy your policy online in just a few simple steps.


Our short-term cover isn’t big on price. Choose from a range of policy options from just £38.
Forgotten to tell us something? No problem. You can amend your policy after purchase.
Only choose the cover you need with our short period policies of 90 days or less.

We’ve even invented cover where we found gaps in the market, such as our pioneering post-production indemnity cover. Because we believe every production has the right to be made.

So whether you work in pre- or post-production, provide equipment hire or work as a freelancer, we can help you choose the right insurance cover for your specific needs.

Have a question or need cover urgently?
Call our team on 020 8256 4943


We understand every project is different, so we take the time to get to know your needs and adapt our cover to best suit you.
With access to a wide range of specialist media insurance companies across the market, we can always offer the cover you need.
After more than 25 years spent protecting the film and media industry, our team has the expertise to find the right solution for you.


A location I am looking to hire for my Film is asking for a copy of my Public Liability Insurance, can I arrange this with you?

Yes, you can include Public Liability Insurance for your film through our Short Period Insurance or Annual Insurance options. We’ll then produce a Verification of Insurance document for you to send to the location.

Do I need to be a registered business or company to get filmmakers insurance?

No, if you are the lead person responsible for the Production (& budget) and require insurance, you can arrange this in your name.

Do filmmakers need E & O insurance?

Yes, we’d recommend this is considered as part of the insurance programme arranged for any film project.

I’m hiring Camera Equipment and need to provide the company I’m hiring the Camera from with proof of insurance. How quickly can you provide this?

If you buy your insurance online for a Short Period you will get proof of your insurance when you pay. This document can be used as proof of cover.

News & Views

Can't find what you need?

Get in touch with our specialist team.

020 8256 4932
Cover not due yet?

Let us know when the time is right to contact you.