Film Insurance

Image provided by Joanns Buncelmans from the short film, The Crash. Joanns is a Performance Film and Media Client.

Get a Quote

Protect your film, crew, equipment, media, budget and more!

Whether you are preparing for a short-term production or a feature length film, Performance Film & Media can offer varied levels of film insurance cover to ensure that those involved, the equipment, media and budget are protected. Even the most experienced of cast and crew can make mistakes so it is vital that you have adequate cover in place in the event of an accident. From film production insurance, post-production and errors & omissions – we can ensure your interests are covered.


As a specialist film and media broker, the team at Performance Film and Media understand the industry and can work with you to create a bespoke film insurance package. With over 25 years of experience working with professionals in the industry, we have an unrivalled knowledge of the risks involved with filmmaking. Covering the world of feature films, television, advertising, short films and more, we work with a panel of leading insurers to ensure you are getting the most suitable cover that is available to you.

Close up of camera

What can I get with a film insurance policy?

We can build a unique package for you to ensure that your production can run smoothly. Our products include (but are not limited to):

Choose your cover:

Short Period

Not every production takes months to make – but even when projects are short-term, they still need protecting. That’s why we offer cover on terms of 90 days or less.

Whether you’re making a music video, commercial, feature film or kit test, we provide the behind-the-scenes support you’ll need if something goes wrong.

Get a quote and buy your policy online in just a few simple steps.


Our short-term cover isn’t big on price. Choose from a range of policy options from just £38.
Forgotten to tell us something? No problem. You can amend your policy after purchase.
Only choose the cover you need with our short period policies of 90 days or less.

We’ve even invented cover where we found gaps in the market, such as our pioneering post-production indemnity cover. Because we believe every production has the right to be made.

So whether you work in pre- or post-production, provide equipment hire or work as a freelancer, we can help you choose the right insurance cover for your specific needs.

Have a question or need cover urgently?
Call our team on 020 8256 4943


We understand every project is different, so we take the time to get to know your needs and adapt our cover to best suit you.
With access to a wide range of specialist media insurance companies across the market, we can always offer the cover you need.
After more than 25 years spent protecting the film and media industry, our team has the expertise to find the right solution for you.

News & Views


How much does annual film insurance cost?

As our policies are arranged on a bespoke basis to suit your specific needs, there are different factors which are taken into account, such as the cover required, your equipment value and more. We will work with you to build a plan that works for you, with the option to pay the annual premium over monthly instalments to help with cashflow.

What if I don’t have a business or limited company?

In addition to insuring companies, we can also insure individuals/sole traders for a similar range of risks, including equipment damage, Public Liability, and more.

Do I have to get in touch every time I buy a piece of kit?

As standard, we would insure your equipment on a ‘new for old’ basis, based on the total replacement value for all of your kit. For example, if we cover your equipment for up to £50,000 this would allow you to swap items in and out during the year without having to notify us.

Alternatively, we can insure your kit on an itemised list basis, however, you would just need to be sure to update us with the item/value/serial numbers every time a piece of equipment is purchased.

How can I insure equipment which I’ve rented/borrowed/loaned?

We can provide cover for hired equipment, which includes items from a hire house, as well as equipment you’ve borrowed from friends/colleagues etc. We would need to know the new replacement value for the item(s) being hired to ensure there is full cover in the event of damage or loss.

Our Hired-in Equipment insurance also automatically includes continuing hire charges with a limit of up to £100,000, and alternative hire charges, also with a £100,000 limit.

Am I covered for accidental damage to a location?

This would be included under Public Liability insurance and will protect you in the event that a rented location is damaged – for example, if a piece of kit is knocked over and breaks a window. Whereas some policies may restrict you to working at specified addresses, our policy will automatically cover you working from any location.

Do I need to buy Errors & Omissions cover?

The answer is… maybe! Most financiers, distributors, broadcasters and sales agents will insist you have this cover in place under the contracts they offer and many festivals request this too. These contracts will normally specify length of time the cover is required for, and specific limits of indemnity, as well as territorial and jurisdiction limits. For more information or advice, please contact one of the team.

Which payment methods do you accept?

We can accept payment by bank transfer and the major credit/debit card providers, including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express. There are also monthly instalment options available for annual policies.

How do I make a claim?

To log a claim with us, you can contact the team on 0208 256 4930 or submit an email to The first thing we will ask for is the date it happened and an overview of the circumstances.

Can't find what you need?

Get in touch with our specialist team.

020 8256 4932
Cover not due yet?

Let us know when the time is right to contact you.